About Brad Hagen
My training and experience as a Registered Psychologist will hopefully be a good fit for you
- Registered Psychologist with College of Alberta Psychologists
- Former Registered Nurse with the College of Alberta Registered Nurses – Retired as of 2020
- Masters in Counselling (Counselling Psychology)
- Other Degrees: Ph.D. (Interdisciplinary); M.Sc. (Nursing); B.Sc. (Psychology)
- Fully Certified Gottman Couples Therapist (through the Gottman Institute)
- Over 25 years of experience in the mental health field
- Registered Psychologist since 2009
- Private Practice as a Registered Psychologist / Counsellor since 2007
- A fully certified Gottman Couples Therapist since 2015
- Registered Nurse from 1991 to 2020: 29 years of experience in mental health nursing and nursing education/research (no longer active RN status).
- Over 25 years of teaching and conducting research at Universities in Western Canada, in the areas of mental health, nursing, addictions, and psychology. Currently a Professor Emeritus at the University of Lethbridge
How we’ll work together
- I’ll work collaboratively with you, using your ideas about change and/or healing, rather than me imposing some other idea or theory on you.
- I’ll work hard to make sure you feel safe, heard, understand and respected.
- Rather than focusing on what’s ‘wrong’ with you, I’ll help you to heal from difficulties, losses and/or traumas you may have experienced.
- I’ll help you to focus on the here and now, rather than having anxiety about the future or sadness/guilt about the past.
- Where possible, we can work to find meaning in things that have happened to you, and to explore a greater purpose for your life.
- Rather than focusing on labels or diagnoses, we will try to focus on your strengths, capabilities, resources, natural problem solving ability.
Self care and how I keep myself healthy
- Happily married since 1997
- Animal lover (2 orange cats)
- Have played and performed classical guitar since 1972.
- Considerable time in nature: Hiking, skiing and mountaineering.
I hope you find these recordings peaceful and relaxing.
Classical Guitar with Brad
Satie’s Gymnopedie No. 1
Tchaikovsky’s Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
The “Flower Duet”
The Tennessee Waltz
Bach’s Air on G String
Study in E Minor
My Favorite Things
And I Love Her
What a wonderful world
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
La Forza del Destino
The Sound of Silence (Paul Simon)
Dust in the Wind, for Classical Guitar
Ready to get started?
Send me a message today